Here I aim to collect all of the handouts / solutions / articles, etc that I give out in the classes I teach.
213 - Heat and Electromagnetism
Course information can be found on Blackboard, in “PHYS2213-Tye-Fall2009: Physics II - Heat & Electromagnetism”
I teach Sections 4 and 10, Monday and Wednesday, and a lab section (6) Wednesday afternoon. Contact information can be found in my header, schedule on the Schedule page.
We will have discussion and co-op problems on monday and more discussion and quizzes on Wednesday. Homework is due Wednesday either in section or in my drop box, #21. Graded on effort. It will be returned the following Monday.
OH are Tuesday nights from 7:00 - 8:00 pm and Friday afternoons from 2:00 - 3:00 pm in Clark 130.
Note that the handouts are password protected. You should have gotten the username and password in section. If not, you can always email me for it.
- Worksheet on Ideal Gas Law Derivation. And the solution sheet.
- Link to a report on the accident of Amtrack PO52-18
- A collection of 224 open ended physics problems by Kapitza. Totally for fun if you are looking for something to think about. If you ever think you come up with a solution, send it my way and I'll let you know what I think. Keep in mind, some of these, I don't think anyone knows the right answer, so yours is as good as anyones.
- Solution to the first quiz.
- Solution to the second quiz.
- Solution to the third quiz.
- Solution to the fourth quiz.
- Solution to the fifth (EC) quiz.
- Concepts for HW8.
- Solution to the sixth quiz.
- Solution to the seventh quiz. As well as the circuit diagram in question.
- Concepts for HW9.
- Solution to the eighth quiz.
- Concepts for HW11.